The shack is a spare room in my appartment, which is in the middle of a three story building. At the moment, unfortunately, placing antennas is not allowed (yet).
- Kenwood TS-700G
- Radiosystems RS9044 70cm transceiver
- Kenwood TH-D7 handheld transceiver for bicycle mobile operation
- ICOM IC-02E 2m handheld transceiver
- Philips FM1000
- several Bosch KF161 still nonfunctional
the kenwood TS-700G is an All mode 2m transceiver putting out about 10Watts on SSB. Its an old fashioned analog brick, which is easy to repair or modify, very robust and a pleasure for the eye (in my opinion)
The RS9044 was manufactured by Radio System of Sweden as car phone base station and can be modified to work in the 70cm band. This transceiver was converted to 70cm by PE4WJ. I completed some of the details and am now using it as my 70cm base station. Its FM only and can put about 25Watts into the air.
In the shack I have a 19" equipment cabinet which was surplus at a company data center. In this rack I mounted the RS9044, a HP digital voltmeter and a frequency counter. furthermore I have my ethernet switch in there. There is also some computer equipment inside the rack.
- HF loop antenna. see loops
- GP antenna for 2 meters, sometimes on the balcony
- VHF turnstile, still in its packaging waiting for approval of antenna placement on my appartment block
- UHF Eggbeater. see eggbeater
- Various rubber duckies and magnetic mounts. No explanation neccesary :)
Last modification on: 23 Feb 2016. File: pa3weg/shack.php